Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ocala


Well here I am sitting in Ocala on Saturday night. This is the lonely part of doing art shows. The show is going well, sold a few pieces, one piece selected for judging which is an honor considering the number of excellent artists present. The show is very nicely done, with nice, organized people and possibly the best artist dinner I have ever had. I used to dry chicken and potato salad not chicken marsala and red potatoes. But the show is over for the day, my husband just called to tell me he is feeling very sick, sounds like the flu, and I miss him more than usual this trip.

I came up a day early hoping to get some photo time in on Friday morning. Friday morning was drizzly and grey, not necessarily a bad thing for photos but not good traveling weather particularly in a fully loaded van. I found myself on a two lane dark road with no shoulders in the rain looking at the speed limit sign thinking “I do not feel safe at that speed”. Of course there is a long line of people behind me by the time I finally find somewhere to pull over. There was no sunrise to speak of, just a slowly growing lighter, grey sky. I did find a lovely place to take pictures but then the rain started again.

It’s hard sometimes to juggle this life with family time. I realized this morning that I have forgotten to send the Halloween cards I bought for my grandchildren two weeks ago. So much to do, so much I want to do, so little time. I did buy that lottery ticket though J

Anyway, tomorrow will be a better day. The weather report has changed from 60% chance of rain to 30% and it’s Sunday and Sundays are always the best days at a show. Then break down, go home, and give Clif an extra hug for putting up with the everyday hassles of my dream.

No comments: