Thursday, October 11, 2007

San Marco.....

Ahh, what a delightful weekend. Pouring rain during setup, pouring rain all day Saturday, threatening rain all day Sunday. Add a disorganized promoter who decided to inform us rather rudely at 6:30PM on Sunday breakdown that we needed to be off the street by 7PM or they would “move it onto the sidewalk”. Gee, how about moving it into the van instead. At least be polite about it, it’s not like they bothered to tell us beforehand. Obviously we were struggling – everything was soaking wet. Of all the information that would be important to put in the information packet about the show – that would probably rank among the most important. They did make sure they got my signed agreement – three times! And that wonderful volunteer who walked right up between me and a customer to ask for my critique. All in all, one of those weekends where I wonder why I do this.

The people were wonderful though. A neighborhood woman even brought us coffee and towels during setup. And a big thank you to my helper Michelle. I couldn’t have done it without her. And my boss let me work from home Monday so I had a chance to dry everything out. Did you know you can wash Velcro? Just stick it all together in the washing machine and dryer and it comes out nice and fresh.

This weekend looks like it really is going to be beautiful. Do I hear strains of a Jackson Browne song - “tear it down and set it up in another town”…….

No comments: