Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reminiscing 5


Ironically enough, after all the tent hoopla, my first real art show is inside. It’s the Clearwater Fine Art Festival. It’s really the second year but the first year was cancelled because of Charley, Frances, and Jeanne. In case you didn’t live in Florida in 2004 those are the three hurricanes that hit central Florida in one very strange summer. I spent my birthday that year in a boarded up house with Frances blowing around us but that’s another story.

It was a well done show, put on by another artist but set up was still brutal. Who’d have thought that setup would be bad for an indoor show but I didn’t realize that all of the stuff had to be brought in from the outside in the brutal August heat. I was prepared with all the setup type stuff but I didn’t have a decent hand cart that would carry the propanels. Clif had set me up with a sort of rolling thing that probably would have worked if it had been longer but it was pretty comical on a slant with the propanels going every which way. I ended up having to make one trip per panel (10) plus the hand cart I did have carried very little. It’s amazing how much stuff is needed for a show. I ended up dehydrated, exhausted, and 5 pounds lighter.

At any rate, my display is looking much better. My frames all match. I’ve gotten rid of the WalMart plastic bins. And I’ve already been accepted into Lake Mary – Heathrow. When I get home I order a new hand cart.

No comments: