Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nervous


Well it’s the day before setup for Naples and I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Okay, I know it’s a cliché but I’m a photographer not a writer. This is probably the highest rated show I’ve ever done and I’m hoping for big things. I know the economy is down and sales might be down but I’ll still be a little discouraged if I don’t do well. Plus my knee is hurting me some today. This is the first show I’ve setup since my surgery so I’m hoping I won’t have any trouble with the lifting.

So I’m trying to think calm, positive thoughts. Nervousness is bad at an art show. It makes me say stupid things to judges like at the Winter Park show. I was so excited that I had just sold three framed photographs in quick succession that when the judge entered the booth I blurted out – “all the best stuff is gone”. Arggghhh! Palm to forehead.

Above is one of the new shots that will be at the show.

Wish me luck!

No comments: