Saturday, February 16, 2008

St. Stephens Art Show

If I ever say I want to move to Miami, shoot me, I have lost my mind. Coconut Grove, at least, is a combination of New York and Boston with no public transportation. Perhaps it is worse because of the two art shows and the required closed streets but driving here is a nightmare. So is parking. The economy in Miami is alive and well. Every restaurant is mobbed, people are out on the street. It's nice to see but not too pleasant when you just want a quick meal and back to the hotel.

The show however is going great. It started out kind of slow but I ended the day with quite a few sales. If it keeps going this way I will definitely return but I think I will stay further away or come better prepared. The hotel room has a kitchen but finding a grocery store... Well we did find a Quik Stop to get some milk but that's it.

I'm looking forward to peace and quiet in the Everglades next week.

No comments: