Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Naples Invitational


I know you’ve been waiting for this. Sorry, I managed to injure my back sometime at the Naples Invitational and I’ve been spending a lot of time at the chiropractor. I think it was the drive, not setup or breakdown, but the setup was very windy and it’s possible I twisted something then. Enough to remind me that doing art shows requires either help or keeping myself in good physical shape. The good news is my knee didn’t bother me at all.

Anyway it was a good show but not great. I made an acceptable profit but it would not have been worth it if I had needed to pay for lodging. My aunt and uncle have a home in Estero where I stayed but it is up for sale so it probably won’t be available to me next year. The promoters were wonderful, very organized and nice. Naples people seem to be very, very careful in their purchases. Perhaps it is the economy but then again, there was no quibbling over price. This is one show where, when people said they were going to think about it and come back, they actually did. I didn’t keep track but I would guesstimate that 75% of my sales involved people who asked a lot of questions, left, and then came back and bought. Quite a few people asked me when I would be back to Naples, wanting to consider their purchase a little longer. I’ll see if they come back and buy when I do Naples National later this month.

I’m now getting ready for St. Stephens. I’ll have a corner at St. Stephens so I’ll get to display the large version of the photograph above for the first time.

No comments: