Thursday, August 2, 2007

Winter Park - Here I Come!







I feel like I’m back in high school waiting hoping for the fat envelope instead of the skinny envelope from the college of my choice. Remember that time? The fat envelope meant there were lots of forms and information inside and that meant you were accepted? The skinny envelope meant that letter that always said something about the “high number of qualified applicants” and you were rejected. Art show applications are the opposite. I want the skinny envelope, without the slides in it. That means I got accepted or at least waitlisted. Upon pulling the self –addressed stamped envelope from the mailbox I immediately press down on it to see if there are slides in it. Tonight I got the skinny envelope from Winter Park Autumn Arts Festival. Woo Hoo! I’m in. After three years of applications I’ve been accepted for my first visit to Central Park in Winter Park, Florida. It’s Oct. 13 – 14. Come see me if you can.

http://www.winterparkartfestival.com/

Speaking of Winter Park - Don't forget the Open House at the Winter Park Public Library in the Community Room this Sunday! If you can't make it Sunday, the pictures are up already and will be until Aug. 31st.

http://www.wppl.org/

No comments: