Saturday, June 16, 2007

Featured Photograph 6/16/2007


If some of my photographs are more favorite than others, this is the favorite. It is hanging in my grandson’s room. It was sent as a donation to a silent auction for a co-worker whose son was critically injured in a canoeing accident. It probably will be one of my first editions to sell out. It says serenity and peace to me. And it is of one of my favorite animals, the cat, the panther.

Unfortunately it is not a Florida panther. Florida panthers are very rare and very endangered. It is also, unlike the majority of my photographs, a captive panther.

Her name was Sheaba. She went to live at Grandfather Mountain after she grew too large and too wild to be someone’s pet. She was graceful and she was beautiful and she has now passed on to a better world. I just discovered this while doing some research for this blog and so I don’t think I’ll write anything else today.

http://www.grandfather.com/about/archive/sheaba.php

No comments: